Jun 2, 2008

College days

There were times, I remember,
lasting in the heart forever,
couple of years, we spent by
filled with fun, everyday passed by
Chatting in the class, thru emails
dating the nearby females(girls read it as males),
Those frequent outings I remember,
lasting in the heart forever,

When the professors teach,
dreamt of the evenings in the beach,
they demanded discussion,
we prayed for an excursion.
We were bugged by the assignments,
taking a toll on our engagements,
They said, Late submissions will be fined,
We said, Let us postpone never mind,
Professors, not happy every time,
They warned this is the last time.
we googled all our resource,
Intentionally, never mentioned the source,
Assignments submitted that I remember,
lasting in the heart forever.

Days, months and 2 years passed by,
then came the time, to bid good-bye,
Like a tide in the ocean, all were swept,
Missing our friends, all night we wept,
Guilty I feel at the heart,
why the hell did we part,
With a promise to meet,
towards destiny moved our feet
Those tough moments, I remember,
lasting in the heart forever.

Oh god, I urge with pain,
Give us a chance to meet again,
Even if this prayer goes in vain,
sweet memories shall remain
of those times, I remember,
lasting in the heart forever.

11 Comments:

At June 2, 2008 at 10:40 AM , Blogger The world thru my eyes...... said...

Awesome!! Never knew there was a poet in u:)

 
At June 2, 2008 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey ..thts a realy sweet one...I loved it.

 
At June 2, 2008 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Heyyy Swams.....really really nice :) i love it!!

 
At June 2, 2008 at 11:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Swami,
How are you? Nice and fantastic poem.. Probably missed this fun when I was in college.

 
At June 2, 2008 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Kartik said...

Hey dude u have become a shayar also g8 yaar

 
At June 2, 2008 at 11:50 PM , Blogger ships said...

Nice poem!

It was like a trip
Down d memory lane -
Re-living all those moments of frndship,
With a lil pain -
Coz as d poem reaches d end
U r reminded of ur parting wid d frnd;
Nonetheless,
The assignment part was d best!
A sweet poem 4 sure...
But ye dil maange more!!! :D :P

 
At June 3, 2008 at 2:40 AM , Blogger Victor Guerra said...

Cheta...this is simbly fendastic!
pleece write more and you will see more commend from me :-)

 
At June 3, 2008 at 2:41 AM , Blogger Victor Guerra said...

Hey Cheta, this is simbly fendaastic! pleece write more and i will keep commending..:-)

Regards
Renjith Chetan

 
At January 30, 2010 at 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one :)

 
At January 30, 2010 at 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hyee Swami,
Real nice poem.

- Radha

 
At March 18, 2010 at 12:58 AM , Blogger Nikunj Barnwal said...

Superb!
I'm inspired...
readers of my poem...
here i come =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home